Posting a listing is quick & painless, taking less than 60 seconds!
1. Make sure you are logged in.
2. Click on the "Post A Listing" link within your Dashboard.
3. Give your item a descriptive title. What would buyers search to find your item? Add the most searchable words at the front of your title. Titles have a 140 character limit.
4. Select the most appropriate product category. If you’re not sure which category to choose, select “Miscellaneous” and we’ll take a look when we review your listing.
5. Enter the item’s description, be as detailed as possible. Be sure to include the size/dimensions of the item.
6. Then add pricing information.
7. Select the item’s condition from the drop-down menu. Don’t be afraid to select “Needs Work.”
8. Upload the item’s featured photo – this will be the main photo used throughout the site. TIP – Use natural lighting.
9. Add up to 4 additional images, try to include multiple angles or images of any imperfections.
10. Once you click the Submit for Review button after entering all of your item’s information, we will take a look at your listing and once approved, we will email you the link to your listing.
That’s all there is to it!
To edit a listing, click on “Edit Listings” within your Dashboard. Then click on the green “Edit” button next to the item you wish to update. Once you confirm the changes, click on “Update” at the bottom of the form. Please allow up to 12 hours for your changes to process through our system.
To delete a listing, click on “Edit Listings” within your Dashboard. Then click on the “Delete” link next to the item you wish to remove from our Classifieds. Once you confirm, your listing will immediately be removed from our system.
Used, secondhand or vintage furniture and accessories in any condition. Examples include (but not limited to) bookcases, tables, chairs, desks, bed frames, chests, cabinets, dressers, nightstands, etc. We do not accept non-furniture items such as plants, electronics, animals or relatives. For a non-comprehensive list, please see our Terms & Conditions.
It's absolutely FREE to post a listing at RECOVETD. If your item sells on our website, we keep a 15% commission based on the selling price, you keep 85%!
No, you do not need to list your full, personal address. When adding a listing, we only ask for the nearest intersection of the pick-up location, so your personal address is protected. The street address is never publicly displayed, we only list the mileage from the customer's location to your item, as well as the City, State.
No. No expiration dates, no renewal fees!
Our listings are for free pick-up only, however shipping to a customer could be an option that would need to be discussed between yourself and the buyer.
Interested customers who wish to purchase your item or ask a question will fill out a form on your listing, which will then be forwarded to the email address you provided. You can then follow the provided link in the email to directly apply to the customer.
Yes, we handle all payment transactions on this site. We use PayPal to safely and securely process all payments.
After a buyer completes a purchase, you will then be notified via email. As the Seller, you are responsible for contacting the buyer to set up a pick-up time and location. After the buyer takes the item home with them, they will provide you with a special "Confirmation Code." You will then need to enter this code exactly as they said into your Seller Dashboard. After we confirm the code is valid, your funds will then be sent to you via PayPal! Please allow 3-5 days for PayPal to complete the payment process.
We are open to every city, every state within the US!
Yes, to place your listings in "Vacation Mode," simply edit each listing and change the item's availability. "Vacation Mode" means your item will still be displayed on our site, but will be temporarily unavailable for purchase. When you return, just edit each listing and change the status to "Currently Available."
After the buyer takes the item home with them, they will provide you with a special "Confirmation Code." You will then need to enter this code exactly as they said into your Seller Dashboard. After we confirm the code is valid, your funds will then be sent to you via PayPal!
Effective Date: January 15, 2015.
Updated: March 9, 2016.
RECOVETD reserves the right to alter these policies at any time.
RECOVETD is an online marketplace to buy and sell used furniture and home decor. Users can post listings to sell their secondhand furniture & home decor to design-enthusiasts looking to locate affordable home goods right in their own neighborhood.